Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Theses are beautiful Karen. I have 6th generation Harry Shaffer lavenders. I kept a Lav. pair and bought a black imported Eng. Orp. pair. I have been very pleased with the coloration on mine. Will try to get pics in a few days. My Lav. Roo just crowed for the first time today. So...hoping to have eggs in the near future. Only thing is my Eng. Orps are 4 months younger so I will have to wait til spring to see what I am going to get. At maturity I am matching them Lav x black.
For some reason a dark blue hen popped up in this Lav. clutch of eggs. So...am going to breed her to see what I get. Anyone have any ideas on that??

Let me correct myself..not F6 but F2 possibly F3s
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Question for you: How old do you think my LO is ? A fellow BYCer had to sell all her chickens, so I took one LO along with several other breeds. I got her on 7/19/11 and was told she was about 12 weeks old.(she wasn't sure) She said she got all her LO's from Hinkjc. Her comb is still blue and her wattles are light pink and small. She is a very healthy and active girl. She loves to sit on my lap and her other two coop mates try to get under her to sleep. Any info you could provide would be appreciated. Sorry if the pics aren't that great. She loves to be on the go.

Thanks,
Chris

8/13/11
66234_img_2604.jpg

9/30/11
66234_img_3839.jpg

10/14/11
66234_img_4068.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I'd say 3-4 m/o.

GORGEOUS GIRL!!
droolin.gif
love.gif

~Aspen

Thank you. Just to understand, you think she was 3-4 months in July when I got her? That would make her about 6 months old now?​

Quote:
I'd say 3-4 m/o.

GORGEOUS GIRL!!
droolin.gif
love.gif

~Aspen

Thank you. Just to understand, you think she was 3-4 months in July when I got her? That would make her about 6 months old now?

Ah, I didn't even look at the dates you had. I just thought that was the day you took the pic...
hide.gif

~Aspen

Back
Top Bottom