Lavender Orpington project ....

Thanks!
smile.png

Hi everyone,
I'm new here, I have had chickens off and on for many years but I just purchased 6 hens and a roo lavenders
(about 11 months). I figured it may take a couple of days for them to start laying again(as was told they were
laying every day). Well its been a week and one has started laying now but the egg has a real rough
shell. Is this more normal than not for this breed. I've never had any of my chickens turn out rough shells
before or is this maybe due to a pour diet from whence they came if so what do I need to add????????
Any help would be appreciated:)

Protein and calcium! But if you are feeding a commercial layer feed you should be fine. If they are really down maybe a game bird feed mixed in with your layer for one or two bags, it contains much higher protein. Remember, scratch is a treat just like candy!

here are my lavs. any opinion on gender? they all have color hair bows on their legs. i need to upgrade to zip ties but had these on hand. they were hatched on 5/3/12

Last edited:
Pink, yellow and green look like cockerels. The rest look like girls so far.

New to the breeding world, we have 2 lav orp roos and 7 hens, but we have a black cochin hen, what happens if you cross the black cochin with a lav roo? I am so curious!

Back
Top Bottom