Lavender Orpington Roo?

Yes. The last picture of Bill. I can clearly see the saddles on the obvious cockerel.
Ok just making sure. Yeah Bill has shown zero dominance behaviors and I'm not seeing any saddle feathers. I am using Hank for comparison because they're the same age-his feathering is more obviously male and side-by-side Bill's shanks are nowhere near as thick. Hank is also protective of his hens (of which he now has many haha) so unless something very dramatic happens I have banked on Bill being a girl and I've kept her. If anything does change I will update this thread though! I am making an assumption here based on the comparison because of their age. No one is crowing or laying eggs yet haha

Ok just making sure. Yeah Bill has shown zero dominance behaviors and I'm not seeing any saddle feathers. I am using Hank for comparison because they're the same age-his feathering is more obviously male and side-by-side Bill's shanks are nowhere near as thick. Hank is also protective of his hens (of which he now has many haha) so unless something very dramatic happens I have banked on Bill being a girl and I've kept her. If anything does change I will update this thread though! I am making an assumption here based on the comparison because of their age. No one is crowing or laying eggs yet haha
Definitely update us later! 🤞

Update: Bill is laying eggs. I only have three light-brown layers in her coop and run and got three light brown eggs today. They are all smaller and from the same batch of February chicks. I do have an older speckled Sussex in that coop but she rarely lays and when she does its in the outside box. Her eggs are also on the larger side so I'm making some assumptions here but I feel they're safe ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_191005.jpg
    IMG_20220629_191005.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 2
Update: Bill is laying eggs. I only have three light-brown layers in her coop and run and got three light brown eggs today. They are all smaller and from the same batch of February chicks. I do have an older speckled Sussex in that coop but she rarely lays and when she does its in the outside box. Her eggs are also on the larger side so I'm making some assumptions here but I feel they're safe ones.
Looks like a Billy Jean to me! 🥳

Back
Top Bottom