Lavender Orpington Rooster need a new home

peepslove

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2017
A lovely and giant rooster hatched out last July. Just started to crow three weeks ago. As he crows more and more often in the morning, our neighbors can't stand him any longer. Would be glad to drop him off to a good home in upstate NY or upper PA.

Last edited:
A lovely and giant rooster hatched out last July. Just started to crow three weeks ago. As he crows more and more often in the morning, our neighbors can't stand him any longer. Would be glad to drop him off to a good home in upstate NY or upper PA.

Mercy, Where you live----I seen one like this sell for $27 at the Auction---week end before last.

Well, as far as he can live a happy life, we'd be happy to send him out for free. He's such a sweetheart that even though he's the youngest in our flock, he already knew how to lead and find food for the girls. Would definitely keep him, only if he does not crow...
sad.png

Well, as far as he can live a happy life, we'd be happy to send him out for free. He's such a sweetheart that even though he's the youngest in our flock, he already knew how to lead and find food for the girls. Would definitely keep him, only if he does not crow...
sad.png
Peepslove - Have you ever tried a No Crow collar? We have a Black Copper Marans roo that doesn't make a peep with the collar on! It doesn't interfere with any of his activities, eating, treading, etc. I purchased mine on Amazon, but it ships via MyPetChicken so you could order it directly from them if you want.

After his feathers settled around it and he preened a bit you can't even see that it's on him. I live in a neighborhood so this collar is the ONLY way we could keep him. It 100% works! Your roo is GORGEOUS and he sounds like a sweet boy, I'd hate to see you give him up when there's a simple solution. (I think you can make your own if you're crafty. YouTube probably has videos.)

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/My-Pet-Chick...qid=1488909000&sr=8-1&keywords=no+crow+collar

Last edited:
where in upstate NY? I am looking for an orpington rooster.. i lost mine. I have jubilee hens, but as long as the chicks would be big fluffy birds.. that would be ok!

Hi Mollybuck,

We live near south of Cayuga Lake. Would be happy to travel around Finger Lakes. Thank you.

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for your suggestion. We actually made a collar ourselves based on what we saw on YouTube. But either our home-made collar is defect or we didn't tie it correctly, the collar does not stop the boy at all. We did adjust the tightness gradually. The Velcro is 2 inches. Maybe it's too wide? Hopefully the video below can show you how the boy sounds with the collar. Oh, I have a picture too to show what it looked like the first day when we put it on the boy. Sorry about the quality of the picture. It was pretty dark.

0.jpg

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for your suggestion. We actually made a collar ourselves based on what we saw on YouTube. But either our home-made collar is defect or we didn't tie it correctly, the collar does not stop the boy at all. We did adjust the tightness gradually. The Velcro is 2 inches. Maybe it's too wide? Hopefully the video below can show you how the boy sounds with the collar. Oh, I have a picture too to show what it looked like the first day when we put it on the boy. Sorry about the quality of the picture. It was pretty dark.

Whoa! Ok, that's not working at all! I know it sounds a bit abusive, but it's got to be tight! I have relatively small hands and I would say that I can just get a finger between our roo's neck and his collar. In fact, I was afraid it was too tight when we initially put it on our him, but that was months ago, and I promise you that he is just fine. The collar I have is about 2 inches wide, so I think you're on the right track. Just tighten up the one you have on him in the video. Then watch him and adjust accordingly. If he can still crow, not tight enough. If he can't eat, too tight.

My understanding is that some roosters still crow with it on, just far more quietly. My rooster doesn't make a sound anymore. I think he's embarrassed! Our hen's egg songs are far louder than he is!

Back
Top Bottom