Lavender Orpington stopped laying

danielamichela

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2020
My lavender Orpington is between 1-2 years old. She laid about 4 eggs a week, then stopped for the past 3 months when I added pullers to the coop. I thought she’d eventually get over the upset and start laying, but she hasn’t. She has always had a raspiness when breathing and sometimes she gets worse. I don’t know if that has anything to do with that or not. Any other ideas? Any tricks to get her going again? She has layer feed and oyster shells.

Does she act normal---scratch, peck, run, walk, etc? Eat and drink normally? Does she have a cough or any eye/nose discharge? Was she by herself when you added the new pullets? Did you quarantine the pullets? Is she going through a molt? What is your weather like?

So many questions but the answers will help some of us with your question

Thank you for replying! She hasn’t molted, the weather has been Kansas summer weather, there are 4 other hens with her and then the 4 added pullets. The other hens are laying fine. For a while, well the pullets were still under 20 weeks, I gave them all starter/grower feed. But for the past two weeks they have all been on layer feed. No cough or discharge right now, but there was a point in May she had all that. And, it isn’t always raspy. She eats, drinks, runs around just fine.

Back
Top Bottom