Lavender Orpington Thread!

20171022_160449.jpg

I know this thread is really old but, Each day my lavender Orpington chick is looking more and more like a cockerel!! I'm not completely sure yet that it's a cockerel & if it's a hen, we will keep her. However, if it is a cockerel, we can't keep roos where I live so I'd like to find it a home where it can live it's life out happily. The chick is only 8 weeks old as of now, so we've got a ways to go before we will know for sure. I know roos can be difficult to rehome, so I wanted to see what the interest is in our area (near Gulf Breeze/Pensacola FL).

I know this thread is really old but, Each day my lavender Orpington chick is looking more and more like a cockerel!! I'm not completely sure yet that it's a cockerel & if it's a hen, we will keep her. However, if it is a cockerel, we can't keep roos where I live so I'd like to find it a home where it can live it's life out happily. The chick is only 8 weeks old as of now, so we've got a ways to go before we will know for sure. I know roos can be difficult to rehome, so I wanted to see what the interest is in our area (near Gulf Breeze/Pensacola FL).
Maybe you should post on the FL (state) page. Hope it turns out to be a girl. BTW, mine has turned into a quite a mean girl. She was bottom of the pecking order growing up, then I got 3 easter eggers. Now she spends most of her time torturing them :lol: . She's still pretty though, and sweet with me and the other girls. Good luck with your little one.

Back
Top Bottom