Lavender Orpington vs. Blue Australorp?

IMG_1898.JPG

This is the back of my "blue not-Australorp." She was supposed to be a Blue Aus, but has yellow bottoms on her feet. So I thought, Blue Jersey Giant. But with this shredding, does that mean she's a lavender Orp crossed with a JG of some color?

View attachment 2937966

This is the back of my "blue not-Australorp." She was supposed to be a Blue Aus, but has yellow bottoms on her feet. So I thought, Blue Jersey Giant. But with this shredding, does that mean she's a lavender Orp crossed with a JG of some color?
She's kinda got the lacing so she could just be a weird shreddy Australorp, one of my black Australorp rooster has green feet but it could be different with black ones.

View attachment 2937966

When I read in your byc interview that you had black australorps and blue jersey giants, I thought to myself, "Oh no. Tractor supply strikes again and your May is not a blue australorp. " That photo sure looks like shredded lavender feathers to me. Does she have any lacing at all? Have you posted her photos in the "What breed is this" forum and asked your question? If not, i bet if you ask there you will soon have your answer.

View attachment 2937966

Come back and tell us when you find out! I am curious

Shredded feathers are usually noticeable in the hackle and saddle feathers too. Photos below are of two different hens.
View attachment 2937887
View attachment 2937888

@dorklandresident , though I've been very happy with my friendly, sweet-natured and intelligent $1.99 lav orp straight runs (much friendlier than my buff orps), your hens are Very beautiful. If I wanted quality lav orps, I would definitely be interested in the breeder where you got yours.

@BirdsBeesTrees , i'm very surprised that None of the chicks in photo you posted on November 2 were lavender orpingtons. Do all of your blue pullets have straight combs? In addition to lavender orpingtons, i also have blue Australorps and blue Wyandottes. All are blue-laced, but they are different in body type and feathering, & of course Wyandottes have rose combs. Though you've now ruled out lav orps, I am curious if you know what breed(s) you do have.
I'm confused. :oops: Did I post here?
I have Blue Marans, one has the shredded feathers so she is possibly a lavender Maran? Interesting.
I also have Blue Standard Cochins.

I'm confused. :oops: Did I post here?
I have Blue Marans, one has the shredded feathers so she is possibly a lavender Maran? Interesting.
I also have Blue Standard Cochins.
Oops no sorry it was me that was confused. Thread was started by @3KillerBs . Killer bees, birds, bees, trees; yeah they are different. .:oops:

Back
Top Bottom