Lavender Orpington?

Ok, is there a possibility that she accidentally got eggs mixed up? That does happen. The first chick looks like she doesn't have a single comb. Here's a link to the comb types: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-9-comb-types.63029/
I don't know about the eggs but definitely chicks. She broods them all together. I asked how she could tell some of them apart as the breeds (Brahma and Cochin at just a day old for instance) looked VERY similar and she said color. They were all gray. Like I said, the "Brahma" we got turned out to be a Cochin so I'm guessing she thought this one was an Orpington and it isn't. I just don't know what other breed it could be. Maybe an Ameraucana with that comb but it doesn't have the typical cheeks.

I don't know about the eggs but definitely chicks. She broods them all together. I asked how she could tell some of them apart as the breeds (Brahma and Cochin at just a day old for instance) looked VERY similar and she said color. They were all gray. Like I said, the "Brahma" we got turned out to be a Cochin so I'm guessing she thought this one was an Orpington and it isn't. I just don't know what other breed it could be. Maybe an Ameraucana with that comb but it doesn't have the typical cheeks.
That's understandable as far as getting the chicks mixed up. Some Easter Eggers come without beards. On Ameruacanas, I'm not so sure on that. Does she have any white Wyandottes or Rhode Island Whites? Is there a possibility that your chick is one of those? Either way, time will tell eventually.

As far as breeds she has, Orpingtons, Cochins, Salmon Faverolle, Leghorns, Brahmas (light only), true Ameraucanas, Barred Rocks, Australorps and a few others. Many in different colors.
Interesting. Most of these are single comb breeds, with the exception of Ameraucana and Brahma. Which it can't be pure Ameraucana nor Brahma. Is there anyway your chick is a mix? Maybe a loose bird got out and got into another pen?

Interesting. Most of these are single comb breeds, with the exception of Ameraucana and Brahma. Which it can't be pure Ameraucana nor Brahma. Is there anyway your chick is a mix? Maybe a loose bird got out and got into another pen?
She does have BLRW also. Anything is possible I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom