Lavender Orpingtons- delayed

Bushastead

Chirping
Aug 19, 2019
Hello!
We got eight chicks four weeks ago and I noticed our two lavenders are not progressing like the others. The other 6 have gotten bigger all around and have started to grow feathers on their wings and breast. The Lavenders still look as if we brought them home with slightly thicker wings.
Does any one know if this breed develops at slower rates? Here is a picture of them at 4 weeks.
Also, one of them has splayed legs all of a sudden. So thats why you see the brace.

Attachments

• 20200229_180050.jpg
    20200229_180050.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200324_085707.jpg
    20200324_085707.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 40
Hello!
We got eight chicks four weeks ago and I noticed our two lavenders are not progressing like the others. The other 6 have gotten bigger all around and have started to grow feathers on their wings and breast. The Lavenders still look as if we brought them home with slightly thicker wings.
Does any one know if this breed develops at slower rates? Here is a picture of them at 4 weeks.
Also, one of them has splayed legs all of a sudden. So thats why you see the brace.
Sorry, first pic is from two weeks ago, the second is now at 4 weeks.

Are they eating as much as the others? I weigh my chicks twice a day (I'm a freak I know) and my 3 one week old Lavenders are progressing and gaining the same as the other 6 chicks.

The splay leg might indicate that they have some sort of vitamin deficiency, which could explain stunted growth. Can you get some Sav-A-Chick electrolytes or Poultry Nutridrench?

The splay leg might indicate that they have some sort of vitamin deficiency, which could explain stunted growth. Can you get some Sav-A-Chick electrolytes or Poultry Nutridrench?
I dont have any unfortunately, but someone said to me that egg yoks have vitamin B that helps with legs.

Are they eating as much as the others? I weigh my chicks twice a day (I'm a freak I know) and my 3 one week old Lavenders are progressing and gaining the same as the other 6 chicks.
I have them seperated so they dont get pushed around. One of them is doing great. Running around scratching and pecking. They hurt one seems to be sleeping alot, which is understandable. But i did see her stand up and walk around with the brace i made her! Thats more than what she was doing yesterday. Yesterday she was just rolling around it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom