Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's $35.00 PER bird.
That can get expensive quick.
That's true but if she's planning on selling them, she could still make money off them. I know plenty of people, myself included who would be willing to pay quite a bit for such gorgeous chickens- especially if they're tested. IMO she has a great thing going here, and even if she only sends them to other breeders to get this up and running to create a real breed, that would be worth it to me if I was running a project like this.

Actually you can swab multiple birds on one swab to save money. For my part, since I'm talking about breeders, I would want to pay for individual tests, so that paperwork (test result) could apply to that exact individual chicken. Just one of my things.
:highfive:

For me it is more individual chicken level than flock level.
That makes sense, I have no doubt you'll be able to really get this project up and out to breeders. They really are gorgeous birds.

Rainy day shots --
The last time I posted this guy - he was almost out of tail feathers. Finally it got down to 1, then none. Now he's grown back a nice tail and it's the females turn to molt -- and Iris, I noticed yesterday is just now starting to molt big time. Her neck has a lot of quills. I'm thinking she has enough time to feather in before cold weather will arrive.

They were on a waist-high perch in the corner of their pen here:
P1070683.JPG

Zoomed in a little for the next shot(s)
P1070686.JPG

Crisp duck-wing, shoulder patch and nice barring. Most impressed with the angle of his tail, since his Legbar grand parents and great grandparents had tails that were too upright for chicken excellence in type. Frostbite got the very tip of some of the points on his comb. This would be his full mature plumage color - he'll be 1-year old in November if memory serves.
P1070688.JPG

Litttle Iris with no remaining tail feathers.....take a look as she jumps off te perch:
P1070689.JPG

The camera caught her just before her jump. I should title that photo 'the end'.
:lau

Tracheal swabs.....
Thought I could photo document this but instead --with the way the outdoor light was, and the angles and the small size of the tracheae, I didn't get one decent picture. Swabs were delivered to the lab yesterday though...so here's hoping all these tests will come out negative for any sign of MS.
P1070702.JPG

And here are some pictures of the chickens in molt.....
P1070706.JPG

Beautiful "Iris"
P1070704.JPG

P1070707.JPG

P1070692.JPG

P1070697.JPG

P1070720.JPG

P1070699.JPG

P1070708.JPG

The other one that is in molt -- with her feathers growing out.

RESULTS are back from TRACHAEL SWAB TESTS !!!!!

upload_2018-10-8_18-13-36.png

upload_2018-10-8_18-27-30.png

As you see page 1 of 2 -- Page 2 is just codes like which lab -- if anyone requests, I'' post pg 2.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
:yesss:

Just so glad that these birds tested clean.

It answers questions to the speculations about if there is a way other than necropsy to get the answers. BTW this is the identical test to the one done on the bird that they necropsied.
You have no idea how happy these results make me. Hooray for these birds. NO Mycoplasma.... that's just amazing.
:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya

Last edited:
RESULTS are back from TRACHAEL SWAB TESTS !!!!!

View attachment 1555233

View attachment 1555270
As you see page 1 of 2 -- Page 2 is just codes like which lab -- if anyone requests, I'' post pg 2.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee:wee
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
:yesss:

Just so glad that these birds tested clean.
It answers questions to the speculations about if there is a way other than necropsy to get the answers. BTW this is the identical test to the one done on the bird that they necropsied.
You have no idea how happy these results make me. Hooray for these birds. NO Mycoplasma.... that's just amazing.
:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya
:woot:woot This is great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom