1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

lavender rooster eye sickness HELP!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gallito1982, Jan 8, 2014.

1. gallito1982

gallito1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    need your help guys or any adviced in how to treat this little guy, hes around 2 1/2 or 3 months old, around 2 weeks ago i noticed that this little guy was snizzing and his eye was closed most of the time, i thought that he was closing the eye for the sunloght or something, i treat him with duramicyn but during the treatment i saw him throwing kind of mocusing from the peak or mouth and hes eye was totally closed, i stop the duramicyn and start treat him with antibiotic in the water and terramicyn in his eye, he starts to open his eye a bit more but was very red, basically hes been in terramicyn ointment for a week and at leat he opens his eye more and the redness looks like is gone but you guys judge, i feel that he is not recovering well, could be eye worm? I thought terramicyn will cure this :([​IMG]

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I don't know what he has, there doesn't appear to be eye bubbling or nostril discharge like I'd expect to see with a sinus infection.

Hopefully someone experienced will come by and give you answer.

3. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
  4. gallito1982

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    Like a mention before the first time i notice him with he has eye and some type of moocus discharge from nostril and peack, as well as bubbling from the eye, red in his eye and obiouslly something was bothering as he had his eye closed most of the time, now discharge is gone and redness as well, but he still keeps the eye close and the weird looking eye as you can see in the pic

5. pwand

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    I tried looking at the picture, hard to see what your seeing. Can you post it bigger? Bubbles from the eye and mucous from nostrils could still be respiratory.

6. gallito1982

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    [​IMG]

7. gallito1982

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    upssy! I think the pic is the same size, if this pic dont help i will try to take him a close up pic of his eye later

8. gallito1982

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    Hes not discharging anymore not sneezing at all but if i skip the terramicyn only one day, next day i can see some very tiny bubbling going on in his eye

9. pwand

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    Tried the picture again, to small. Has the links been helpful?

10. gallito1982

Sep 24, 2013
    california
    ill try it with a better picture, i just need to take it in a while, link is helpful but honestly i dont find anything exactly my little Roo could have i dont think is an eye worm since i dont see any exactlly worm inside his eye what i think could be is a respiratory infection that the duramicyn didnt fix at all and i probablly should jump to an inyectable antibiotics, but the question is, should it worth invest in the treatment? I put him with the rest of the flock yesterday since he seems to be stressed and anxious to be out of the little cage where he was quarantined, i just hope is nothing that it can be passed to the rest of the flock :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by