Lawnmower vs Rooster GRAPHIC PICS/ Saying Goodbye

Lori...I too have loved with all my heart my feathered friends...something that has always given me hope and peace is a poem called "The Rainbow Bridge". I have included it for you, I hope it helps. Nothing but time will take away the pain. I feel for you all the way to my toes. I shall pray for you and your sweet Kubota. I lost a rooster that meant sooooooooooo much to me. I found one that looked exactly like him and brought him home. Althought not the "original", his presence and just seeing him gives me much comfort. Perhaps you may want to do the same.
The Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Oh Lori, I'm so sorry. I read this at work today but I can't log on from there. I think I just sat there and stared at the computer for quite awhile. You did your best. That is all (and more) than anyone could have expected. You did Kubota proud, I really do believe he knew that he was loved in the last weeks of his life. And that's a heck of a lot more than some people get. You did good.

Is Big Poppy ok???

Last edited:
Tears for you and Kubota here in Georgia. You did such a wonderful thing to take him in and give him love and care all of these days. Please know that so many of us were following the thread and rooting for the both of you. We all know that you did the best that you could and I feel that Kubota is in a better place, feeling as energetic and peppy as he did in his prime. Sending you hugs.
hugs.gif

thanks everyone. My heart is still heavy for sweet Kubota but your kind words help soothe the hurt.

Mr B said thanks for doing all I could, and let me bury him at my house.
sad.png

Big Poppy seems ok... feathers pulled out but no open wounds I could find. I let him in to roost with the girls, I'll get up early in the morning and check on him. I'll start his own thread if it ends up being needed. I just want this to stay special for Kubota.

Lori,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you. This poem, (I know it has been posted) brought me peace when our 18 Month old Blue and Gold Macaw Josie passed away. I know that she will be waiting for us as well as the others that we have lost. You loved, you were loved you are blessed.
Ann

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Lori I have read the last 5 pages with a lump in my throat.It was all I could do to keep from crying for u & Kubota. I really thought he was going to make it. I think he probably died of pnuemonia from all the rain you've been having, in his weakened condition and his immune system compromised. He just couldn't handle it. Please do NOT blame urself. I'm glad u were able to bury him on ur property and that Big Poppy is ok. I want u to go out & do something just for u, treat urself. YOU deserve it. I'm sending u lots of hugs and prayers for strenth & healing for u.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
58292_pray1.gif

OMG! I started crying when I read the new title! I am so sorry! I know that you took great care of him and did all that you could! Maybe we should start a "Remembering Kubota" thread to honer him. He was such an inspiration, and so were you!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif