Laws for Hohenwald, Tn?

abs45

Chirping
Mar 12, 2017
I can’t seem to find anything on the ordinances re: chickens inside city limits in Hohenwald, Tn (Lewis County). Anyone have that info???

LINK HERE

Of primary interest: (emphasis mine)

10-102. Keeping near a residence or business restricted. No person shall keep any animal or fowl enumerated in the preceding section within one thousand feet (1,000') of any residence, place of business, or public street, without a permit from the health officer. The health officer shall issue a permit only when in his sound judgment the keeping of such an animal in a yard or building under the circumstances as set forth in the application for the permit will not injuriously affect the public health. (1982 Code, § 3-102)

- and -

10-104. Storage of food. All feed shall be stored and kept in a rat-proof and fly-tight building, box, or receptacle. (1982 Code, § 3-105, modified)

10-105. Keeping in such manner as to become a nuisance prohibited. No animal or fowl shall be kept in such a place or condition as to become a nuisance because of either noise, odor, contagious disease, or other reason. (1982 Code, § 3-106)

My comments. I own 30 acres. There is no point on my property that is more than 1,000 ft from a public street, its wide and relatively narrow trapezoid - only about 850 foot "deep" in one corner, and closer to 250 in the other.

Admittedly, I live on a corner, but the primary point is that 1,000 ft is a long way - most of a quarter mile.

Back
Top Bottom