lay flat or use egg carton for lock-down?

I've been going back and forth over the same question.
anyone ever tried using something like this??

TECS-FF-3-2T.jpg

was just searching online and came across it..seems like it might work. & you'd be able to see the sides of the eggs a little better than an egg carton.

Quote:
I am thinking you might want to cut a plastic tray that size into smaller parts, like forths, so the chicks that hatch in the middle do not have so much to crawl over to get to open area. I have been thinking of using those for my next hatch, also, with the modification.

Quote:
I am thinking you might want to cut a plastic tray that size into smaller parts, like forths, so the chicks that hatch in the middle do not have so much to crawl over to get to open area. I have been thinking of using those for my next hatch, also, with the modification.

That's a good point! I think I'm going to try this for my next hatch. I'm setting 31 eggs today..so I guess I'll see how it works!

I was just cutting down a carton to try this time and noticed that it looks allot like the trays in my egg turner. I only have two trays in the bator because I only set 8 eggs and wanted room for the temp and humidity testers. The other trays can be laid in flat after removing the turner and serve the same purpose. At lest it seems like it would. Each tray has 7 holes.

EDITED: ok, it didn't work. when laid flat with an egg in it the tray is to shallow and the egg almost falls out, pushed up from the bottom. I'll do the carton.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom