Layena Ingredients

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by BarredBuff, Dec 10, 2009.

1. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Whats in Layena?

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:That's the nutritional analysis. I haven't found the actual ingredient list online yet. I'll see if my bag has it on the label.

3. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I have a bag of Purina FlockRaiser that I can check the tag on if you want. I just don't have a layena bag at the moment. Is there something specific about the ingredients that you were curious about?

4. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    If that link doesn't help, I can check the bag for you....let me know and I will type it all up for u

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    thank you for your assistance, it is appreciated.

6. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    Thanks to all of you for the more than genorous help I was just curious what they put in it to make it the crumbles and thank you all again

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  7. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    What's in Layena?

Chicken feed!

8. jasncab1477

jasncab1477 New Egg

Oct 29, 2011
    I have someone who wants to buy some of my chicken eggs, they said they can't Have any corn or soy, my cChickens eat Purina layena 50lb bag and mixed is a flock block 25lb bag. The little bit of corn mixed into that from the flock block would it affect the person with corn/soy alergy? [email protected]

9. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Maryland
    IIRC, the Layena itself also has corn and soy in it. You just can't see it because of the processing.

If you want to sell eggs to these folks, you are going to have to find a corn free/soy free mix or make it yourself. None of the commercial feeds sold at TSC and most feedstores will fit the bill. Sorry.

There is a thread around here on making your own flock block, you could adapt some of the ideas and make your own to ensure it is free of soy and corn (I have a flock block myself..I'll read the label to see if it is soy free as I doubt it. Soy is a very cheap protein source.)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by