Layer Pellets.. & vitimans.

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
When to give, my friend said my younger chickens are old enough for layer.. They are about 3 months. I was wanting to put vitamins in their water but I don't know when to though. Also how old until worming them? I probably need to read the label on the back of the vitamins and wormer but I haven't..
roll.png
hide.gif
Also I have 2 other full grown layers that I would love to worm sinnce they aren't really laying since it's soooo hot.

Thanks!!

Sorry, but I think your friend is wrong. Your chickens don't need layer feed until they are roughly 18 weeks old or you get your first egg, whichever comes first.

I offer fresh clean water, without vitamins. When our summers get too hot, I do add a poultry electrolyte solution that has some vitamin C added to it.

What type of wormer are you thinking about using? The directions, age to give and egg withdrawel time (for your older hens) can vary depending on the type of wormer.

Last edited:
You should be able to get electrolyte solution at any feed store. I only use electrolytes after receiving shipped chicks, if it's really hot, or if one is really injured.

If you are feeding a decent food, there's really no reason they need vitamins.

Gritsar is correct- no layer food until you get your first egg. Leave them on grower food until then.

Okay I am giving them food that I get at my feed store I ask for starter.. The bag says "Starter/Grower" is this okay?

Last edited:
Quote:
I am using the Wazin wormer.. Where can I get some poultry electrolyte solution that you mentioned?

Wazine only treats roundworms. It's useless for other types of worms.

Quote:
I am using the Wazin wormer.. Where can I get some poultry electrolyte solution that you mentioned?

Wazine only treats roundworms. It's useless for other types of worms.

Oh okay, thanks.. I was just wanting to do it cause I haven't done it in a while.

Back
Top Bottom