Layer pellets

Patoot

Songster
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Hi there.

I got layer feed for the first time yesterday. I told her I wanted layer pellets. When I got home, I saw it was a 16%. Is that okay? Do I need 22%? Two of my 4 are laying, but the other 2 are well over 20 weeks so I think it's okay that I finally switched. None are thrilled with the pellets, but I'm hoping they get used to it. I'll give it a couple days and if they won't do it, I'll go get them some crumble, or smash these bits.
smile.png

Bree

16% is normal for laying feed.

Mine took a while to get used to the pellets - I thought they were never going to start eating them! They were wasting too much crumble, so I was adamant they were switching to pellets and they eventually started eating them and everyone is happy now - even my tiny Seramas handle the pellets just fine.

They aren't eating it at all. I think I'm smash some and mix in the full pellets. Poor things...they are looking for their old food. I have some left, but I'm trying to get them on the new stuff. Silly chickens.

Bree

mine started out at 20%. The bird would not eat it also. Bought another brand and it was at 15 % for some reason they can not get enough of it. At the time i fed the 20% to the turkeys who love it......jim

Mine said no to the pellets at first, they ate a small amount. But after about a week or so, they are eating them up. Give it time, they'll get it. I was having a problem with them wasting so much crumble as well.

Quote:
A chicken will not starve themselves to death if appropriate food is available. They are just stubborn and don't like change. If I were you, I'd leave them on the pellets and cut out all treats for a few days. They get hungry enough, they'll decide that the pellets taste mighty good.

Quote:
A chicken will not starve themselves to death if appropriate food is available. They are just stubborn and don't like change. If I were you, I'd leave them on the pellets and cut out all treats for a few days. They get hungry enough, they'll decide that the pellets taste mighty good.

I agree, they get hungry they are gonna eat good.

Back
Top Bottom