Laying duck eggs

Lee2017

Chirping
Jun 6, 2019
I’m sure glad you guys are here. Lol
My female duck is laying eggs She has been laying them for about 3 weeks. There is about 10 eggs. I have a couple of questions.
1. How long will she keep laying these eggs
2. When does she sit on them
3. She has a nest outside but she comes in to sleep she has two eggs inside her bed should I move them outside to the nest
Should I do anything when she starts sitting on them.
this is all new to us
Thanks for your help

I’m sure glad you guys are here. Lol
My female duck is laying eggs She has been laying them for about 3 weeks. There is about 10 eggs. I have a couple of questions.
1. How long will she keep laying these eggs
2. When does she sit on them
3. She has a nest outside but she comes in to sleep she has two eggs inside her bed should I move them outside to the nest
Should I do anything when she starts sitting on them.
this is all new to us
Thanks for your help

1. Depends on a lot of factors, usually ducks lay throughout spring/summer/early fall and slow down in the winter.

2. Ducks usually lay in the morning or at night.

3. Ducks should have a secure nest inside away from predators.

You should collect the eggs. If she is broody she will stay on the nest except 2 or so breaks to eat.
She will lay until fall/ winter probably.
Okay this is gonna sound crazy but what am I supposed do with them.
so let me see if I understand this. If she she isn’t sitting on them right now then she isn’t gonna too. I thought maybe she does this for 3 weeks and then sat till babyducks. hatches. Once again this is all new.

1. Depends on a lot of factors, usually ducks lay throughout spring/summer/early fall and slow down in the winter.

2. Ducks usually lay in the morning or at night.

3. Ducks should have a secure nest inside away from predators.
She is lay at night. So how long are these eggs good for. Do I put them in fridge I haven’t a clue yet

Just collect eggs daily but dont kick a duck off a nest. It will be obvious when your duck is broody. Duck eggs stay fresh for a long time, several months. If the eggs are clean you can store at room temp if dirty, wash with warm (not hot) water and refrigerate.

Back
Top Bottom