Laying eggs

the hens comb is light pink and deepens to red when she is going to start to lay eggs again.
is this what you mean? i have got one hen with chicks so her comb has gone back to being pink and i have 2 laying hens with red combs if you still want pics of the difference

here is my bantam pekin silkie as shes hatched chicks her comb has gone back to being pink
HENNOTLAYING.jpg

here is my other bantam pekin silkie which is currently laying
HENLAYING.jpg

here is my old english game which is currently laying

HENLAYING1.jpg

hope the pictures help

Hmmm,then I have another young cochin getting ready to lay.Her combs are bright red.How long before she will start to lay.I notice the red combs over the weekend

ann, i cant remember exactly how long it is but if the comb is bright red it could be any day, it certainly wont be long.
get your best frying pan ready lol.
ill have to wait a whole year before my 2 chicks will lay as i live in the uk so when they are ready to lay winter will be here so they wont till about may next year, cant wait too get big eggs as i am used to small bantam ones

The young cochin is a red and in with a black cochin roo.This morning I noticed one of white rock hens has also a red comb and I know she is 4 months old.The cochin not so sure on age.Can`t wait for those eggs.The mixed hen that giving me a egg preety much everyday is wanting to go broody,so I could use another layer or two.

Back
Top Bottom