Laying Eggs...........

LisaYates

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
My chickens are locked up at night in their coop.................they free roam all day. My question. They are 18 weeks old. Will they go back to their coop to lay their eggs? We have a little woods next to our house and they are in there a lot. I was worried that they would lay their eggs in there somewhere??!!

Mine free range as well.. I have 1 that started laying Friday.... She does back to box... I was worried..... But I've read where sometimes they hide them... I've been checking under everything for about 3 weeks now.. Lol

I was just getting on here to ask the same question! First time raising chickens, 20 weeks no eggs. They free range all day. We have a lot of wooded area and I can't possibly check it all. Was thinking of locking them up or a few days just to see if they are laying.

I was just getting on here to ask the same question! First time raising chickens, 20 weeks no eggs. They free range all day. We have a lot of wooded area and I can't possibly check it all. Was thinking of locking them up or a few days just to see if they are laying.
don't let them out until later in the day if your coop and weather permits.

OH wow. Thanks! I hope mine go back to their boxes too!! I too have been checking all around though! LOL

I have just started the not letting them out right away in the morning too. But no eggs yet!

Let me know if you lock them up and if you get any eggs that way. I have started not letting mine out until about 10am. Which they are going crazy wanting out by then!! Still no eggs! Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom