Laying is quite the production here!

Suejordn

Chirping
Apr 18, 2020
Only two hens are laying but the last few days. Everyone is interested. They all follow her in the hen house and the pullets have started getting in the nesting boxes even the one my Laying pullet is in! It’s taking at least 2 hrs for the commotion to die down. I can’t imagine when they are all laying!!! Hopefully they don’t get too noisy. But maybe all this interest is a sign that my younger pullets will start laying soon! I think they’re about 20 to 22 weeks old. Here’s my little flock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
They are beautiful! It is a sign they will all be laying soon. I do think it takes a while for the fuss to settle once they all start laying though. At first, all mine wanted to lay at the same time so it was crazy. Now they've been laying a couple months, they stagger their times so there's not so much commotion.

Thank you! We are building a bigger run and I’m so exited to give them more room! Good to know things might die down a bit😄
They are beautiful! It is a sign they will all be laying soon. I do think it takes a while for the fuss to settle once they all start laying though. At first, all mine wanted to lay at the same time so it was crazy. Now they've been laying a couple months, they stagger their times so there's not so much commotion.

Oh I love it! I was hoping it was normal. They have been laying for 3 weeks and the last 3-4 days is when all this commotion started! First I was worried but sounds like it’s pretty normal! I love openBig the door and seeing the younger pullets caught in the nesting box. They scurry off and pretend they weren’t checking them out! Can’t wait for more eggs! Every egg is magical here!

Thank you, I love my flock. That everyone pictured except for Becky (a frizzle cochin bantam) who was occupying the nesting box and taking 2 hours to lay her egg! Do you think it’s a sign of her becoming brooding soon if she’s taking longer and longer in the nesting box?
Isn't it lovely that the whole flock is being supportive, in their own crazy ways? You have a great little flock there. Here's to more eggs and a bit less singing soon.

Every chicken is different. I have some that attend the egg laying moment while others are off free ranging. I have some that will quietly lay an egg and others tell the whole countryside that they have accomplished a miracle and laid an egg (these specific ladies need to be congratulated for them to stop shouting to the countryside). I have some that take some time to lay while other hop into the nesting boxes and out pops the eggs.
I love each of their personalities!

Back
Top Bottom