Laying lighter eggs?

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I have a pullet that recently started trying to go broody and just quit laying eggs for at least a month. A couple days ago I noticed a light tan small egg in her cage, almost cream colored really. Now three days in a row I have gotten cream colored eggs out of there and there are only 3 chickens in there, on hen(pullet) and a rooster, and a crooked beak rooster do it has to be her laying them, just weird that the eggs are smaller and very light colored compared to what she used to lay. Is this normal?

Okay just an update, weird I know but as the week has past every day she is laying and the eggs have gotten larger and are getting darker by the day, weird I know but I am just happy to have her laying again since she quit for quite a while.

They are actually free range, I had more chickens in with them and they adopted the new coop but these three go back to the old coop no matter what, during the day she tags along with one of the roosters. One of the roosters is a "crooked beak" and he has a pretty dramatic crooked beak. He is not even capable of breeding as sad as that is lol, he tries to grab the hens and they just walk off lol, he cant grab them with his beak because it is too crooked so he will be a virgin until he hits the plate lol

I have been getting an XL to Jumbo brown egg from her every day now, guess her egg factory is fixed
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom