Lazerous chickens weird but true.

Amber79

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
This just happened. I went too the store, and had let my chickens out into the backyard. I came home and saw piles of feathers, and bolted out of my car before even shutting it off and dropped my purse. ( if you have raised chicks from tiny babies you know the horrible feeling of losing one). My Boston terrier had attacked my hens. I quickly gathered up the survivors and put them back in their pen. I then gathered up two dead hens (stiff defianatly dead) and one hen that had her neck twisted and was twitching which broke my heart. I determined the one with the twisted neck wouldn't make it she was seizing and couldn't stand or lift her head so I euthanized her. I ran in called my husband than my mom bawling. I know it happens, but these hens were so tame they sit in my lap and come running when I call them. When I walked outside too bury them one americauna the one that was stiff and cold was sitting up. Her I could explain as maybe shock, but the one I twisted her neck, and not too be graphic but it crackled and I couldn't get the feel off my hand of it and nearly upchucked was sitting up too and clucking. They looked awful but were alive. I can't explain it I don't know how they were alive, but as I type this I have them in a box in my office. I really hope they make it after all that.

Goodness!! What a topic for a first post! Good luck, and
welcome-byc.gif

It wasn't exactly what I had planned on as my first post, but most people would not understand being attached too chickens of all things. They all have different personalities and after raising them from a day old having this happen was a serious shock. Now I just have too figure out what too do with our dog because the barn pen is like Fort Knox but the chicken run obviously must be lacking.

Funny you mention zombies because that is what first came too mind so now one is Lazerous and one is Zombie.
wink.png
I think they earned their names.

Great, now my little sis wants to know if we can get zombie chickens instead of turkens (of course... Aren't they the same thing?
hu.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom