lAZY 54 FARM FOR BABIES

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fowlgirl, Feb 23, 2009.

1. fowlgirl

fowlgirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    So I was looking for a local farm to buy baby chicks and found one online @ lazy54farm here in Oregon.I called the guy and was very put off by his attitude about the chicken business. He doesnt let you see them due to keeping them healthy and you dont get to buy them till he want you to but when he wants to get rid of his birds after a year you might be able to buy them at 10$ ea or he just sells all them to the Asians in Seattle to eat.These are healthy young layers just used for chinese food! He said he is the only show in Northwest so he can do what he wants.The other places closed up due to feed prices,that is why there are so many in warmer areas,grain grows well and chickens lay better. Its about $ for him and was sad.

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I dont understand some of youre post but where are you in oregon and what are you looking for . I have 2 feed stores that get chicks and I know plenty of people around here that have chickens and eggs as far as I know. And I live in oregon so there are places in oregon that have chicks if thats what you mean.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by