Lazy Peachick

Pictures of the liver, cecal pouches and intestines will help all of us try to come up with a cause of death. I've only done two pea necropsies, both of those had advanced blackhead and the cause of death was quite obvious. I know @KsKingBee has done at least one turkey and @AugeredIn has probably done some as well.

-Kathy

Last edited:
@q8peafowl , I know this is hard.

If you think you can find someone to do some level of necropsy... even if you can just convince them to examine the bird's liver for problems, that may help you figure out what to do next. Do you have any way to refrigerate the bird until then? Perhaps if you have a large plastic bag or can wrap it in plastic, then in a refrigerator, so there aren't too many changes before the vet can look at it.

In the meantime, I don't think the poo from the other bird should be that watery. I'm worried it may be getting sicker. Did you start it on the Baytril? Has it continued to get the metronidazole? How much of the metronidazole is it getting? And is it still getting the Chevi-kok?

How is this bird behaving today? Is it still eating and drinking ok? Still active?

Hoping for the best, sorry you are having such a bad time.

Edited to add: I didn't see Kathy's post before I sent mine. Yes, she is quite right about the photographs ... a picture really is worth a thousand words.

Last edited:
@q8peafowl , I know this is hard.

If you think you can find someone to do some level of necropsy... even if you can just convince them to examine the bird's liver for problems, that may help you figure out what to do next. Do you have any way to refrigerate the bird until then? Perhaps if you have a large plastic bag or can wrap it in plastic, then in a refrigerator, so there aren't too many changes before the vet can look at it.

In the meantime, I don't think the poo from the other bird should be that watery. I'm worried it may be getting sicker. Did you start it on the Baytril? Has it continued to get the metronidazole? How much of the metronidazole is it getting? And is it still getting the Chevi-kok?

How is this bird behaving today? Is it still eating and drinking ok? Still active?

Hoping for the best, sorry you are having such a bad time.

Edited to add: I didn't see Kathy's post before I sent mine. Yes, she is quite right about the photographs ... a picture really is worth a thousand words.
I didn't refrigerate it since morning, and i don't know when he died exactly, if it has been 12 hours since he died is that ok or not? I have started Baytril yesterday, he is taking 3 chevi pills per day and 2 metro pills. He looks great he is eating and drinking normally, he is so strong he will not let weight easily, if i found someone to do this tonight i will add pictures here of course.

Back
Top Bottom