Lazy Peachick

I trust you more Kathy, i have started giving them metronidazole yesterday, and still putting sulfa in their water, should i continue like this?

I trust you more Kathy, i have started giving them metronidazole yesterday, and still putting sulfa in their water, should i continue like this?
Are they drinking? Eating? I would continue giving the metronidazole for sure. What was his worming suggestion?

-Kathy

One is eating and drinking, but the bigger one maybe isn't eating enough, he didn't suggest anything because i told him i have albendazole.

The albendazole research I have done suggests that 20mg/kg once will treat roundworms, cecal worms, a large percentage of capillary worms and possibly some species of tape worms. This dose needs to be repeated in ten days. Someone on BYC commented that they read somewhere that it have to be given several days in a row to get 100% of capillary worms, but don't quote me on that.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

@KsKingBee and everyone else, I suspect that in a case of severe blackhead that one won't find cecal worm eggs in intestines that look like this.

Liver and cecal pouches

Contents of cecal pouch - black liquid poop, NOT normal!

Inside of cecal pouch

-Kathy

If a vet smears fecal matter on a slide I don't think that they will see anything except developed worms. A fecal float where the poo is thinned and the eggs float to the top and then put on a glass slide for viewing is the only way to actually see the eggs. I believe that is also the only way you will see cocci.

Quote:
You suggest this one to give orally, right? The in guy in store also told me to do it constantly but in their water, so should i start it now?

Back
Top Bottom