1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

lazy rhode island red

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by davecash, Jul 27, 2007.

1. davecash

davecash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    kaintucky
    i have a rhode island red who doesnt go outside alot, when all of my other golden comets go out as soon as i open the door, the rooster sometimes makes her go outside, but it doesnt last for long, she usually goes to sleep earlier than the others and everythang.. are they generally lazy?

2. psimek

psimek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2007
    Gosh, My 4 RIR peck around all day long. My 2 White Rocks are the ones lying around all day and are the first to roost.

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I have 6 RIRs. There are 2 that are always the last to go outside in the morning. During the day all of them are outside but they ALL lay around because it's so DANG HOT!!!!

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have a hen she is about 8 years old I think. She is always the last one out. I can go out at 10 and she's still in there. The door opens at 6:30 every morning as its set on a timer. But she must be a lazy libra and likes to sleep in. I know I do [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by