lazy turkey

kimehag

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 24, 2012
guernsey,england....kinda
hi there
I'm just wondering why my turkey doesntnt like to come out of the shed till late in the day while the other two are up early she is still in moult still eating is it because dark an cold days she didn't do this last year

Last edited:
Turkeys, like people, have their own personality. If she has shed a lot of feathers and you live in a cold region, she might just be cold. If she's healthy and eating well and her poops are normal, she's probably just in the mood to sleep in!
smile.png

Turkeys, like people, have their own personality. If she has shed a lot of feathers and you live in a cold region, she might just be cold. If she's healthy and eating well and her poops are normal, she's probably just in the mood to sleep in!
smile.png

I'm going to agree with this.

I have a Production Red hen who is a homebody, and it was twice as bad when she was in molt (which just ended and she came out so pretty and glossy). But she stays in her coop most of the day, and when we see her out free ranging it's a big deal as we talk to her and make sure she gets a special treat. I used to think she was sick but I've come to realize she is just a homebody who likes to stay in and we can't change her behavior. She is happy so why ruin a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom