Leah from Western NY

leahlefler

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Jamestown, NY
We are going to venture into the backyard chicken world - my name is Leah and I live with my husband and two boys (ages 6 and 8) in western NY state. We have an acre and are planning on building a coop this spring. We plan to start with 4 chicks, and are reading everything we can find on the care and keeping of chickens! This site is fantastic and I am grateful for all of the experience here!

welcome-byc.gif
You've come to the right place...SO much information it almost makes your head swim! Good luck in your venture!!

We are going to venture into the backyard chicken world - my name is Leah and I live with my husband and two boys (ages 6 and 8) in western NY state. We have an acre and are planning on building a coop this spring. We plan to start with 4 chicks, and are reading everything we can find on the care and keeping of chickens! This site is fantastic and I am grateful for all of the experience here!

Hello and :welcome, and a fellow NY chicken lover. Here's a site to connect with other NYers.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/231485/ny-chicken-lover.

I have been reading the learning center and I definitely need to check out the NY chicken lover forum - we are in the process of deciding where the coop should go in our yard. We have 1 acre.. the kids are so excited they can hardly stand it (and so am I)!

Back
Top Bottom