Leaking Egg in Incubator but no smell

CJduckfriend

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am a first timer and I am incubating 2 duck eggs. I am currently at day 19 and one of my eggs had a hairline crack that showed up a few days ago. I read some of the threads and found there were methods to help control the hairline crack. However, today I took a look and there is a dot of light color coming from the crack, but it is very small, like tinier than a lentil. There is definitely a live duck in the egg and there is no bad smell coming from the leaking egg. I did add a bit more water to the incubator to bring up the humidity level around the same time. I keep reading that the duck is dead and to toss it, but I am still seeing movement and I only have 9 more days to reach the 28 days. Should I remove the egg or should I give the egg more time?

Hello Everyone,

I am a first timer and I am incubating 2 duck eggs. I am currently at day 19 and one of my eggs had a hairline crack that showed up a few days ago. I read some of the threads and found there were methods to help control the hairline crack. However, today I took a look and there is a dot of light color coming from the crack, but it is very small, like tinier than a lentil. There is definitely a live duck in the egg and there is no bad smell coming from the leaking egg. I did add a bit more water to the incubator to bring up the humidity level around the same time. I keep reading that the duck is dead and to toss it, but I am still seeing movement and I only have 9 more days to reach the 28 days. Should I remove the egg or should I give the egg more time?
If you see movement and the embryo looks good then I would keep it. If the crack is only a hairline you can put some liquid bandage or nail polish over it to seal it.😊

Back
Top Bottom