Leanns Adopt Me Bargain Vs Cackle Suprise Bargain.

Poultrybonkers

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 22, 2011
My Coop
My Coop
Ive ordered both I ordered the leanns adopt me bargain last year and the cackle this year....with the leanns adopt me bargain all came heathy and alive.....my cackle suprise some came doa and every few days more kept dying....they sent a scissor beaked chick and one that had two upper beaks,that died weeks later and a naked neck that is so stunted. I personally choose the leanns adopt me bargain as I got a crevecoure rooster in that unlike the boring/sick breeds they send in the cackle order.

Anyone else ever order from either? Lets see how your experience went on which was better.

I have never ordered the Leanns but I had a miserable experience with Cackle-from dying birds (lost 19 to date) and the owner was rude when I told her what was going on. All I wanted was a 6 chick replacement for my loss not counting the extras sent. I honestly wanted them not for the actual birds themselves but to see if maybe I did get a sick batch. She told me if I would have contacted her sooner she would have told me to medicate them and maybe I wouldn't have lost so many. My question is why should you have to medicate a bird that isn't sick! I understand My Pet Chicken gets their birds from Meyer where the Leann's comes from and all but 2 of my 40+ birds from their are healthy and thriving. I plan to try a Leanns adopt me special next spring when I get another coop to compare.

I have never ordered the Leanns but I had a miserable experience with Cackle-from dying birds (lost 19 to date) and the owner was rude when I told her what was going on. All I wanted was a 6 chick replacement for my loss not counting the extras sent. I honestly wanted them not for the actual birds themselves but to see if maybe I did get a sick batch. She told me if I would have contacted her sooner she would have told me to medicate them and maybe I wouldn't have lost so many. My question is why should you have to medicate a bird that isn't sick! I understand My Pet Chicken gets their birds from Meyer where the Leann's comes from and all but 2 of my 40+ birds from their are healthy and thriving. I plan to try a Leanns adopt me special next spring when I get another coop to compare. 

Ive ordered from
Ideal- ordered two goslings.....got a dozen free chicks as packing peanuts that was nice
Mcmurray- ordered a few times last order arrived doa 25 birds dead...i did get my money back though
Meyer- all came alive and healthy but there wyandottes never laid so they were processed that might of been the feed though not the hatchery.
Chickensforbackyards - my fav roo came from there until a dog killed him those chicks where all healthy not one pasty butt.
Cackle
Worst one is cackle most of mine died of pasty butt the rest I got rid of except a few 2 nn 1 glw 1 sexlink 1 ee who i might get rid of all hell out of 56 birds it's not worth getting for what 5 birds i could of gotten elsewhere.
Ive ordered eggs a few times from
Mypetchicken out of 1 doz each time half hatched thats **** good

My Cackle update. Out of 37 birds I have 17 alive. Even though they all needed to be in sulfa antibiotics, it was strange. Specific breeds did better-4/6 Porcelain d' Uccles made it, 3/4 bantam phoenix are alive, 2/2 appenzeller spitzhauben. Worst luck was the polish, rare breed and crested top hats. I would have thought these would have been worse considering they were smaller but the D'Uccles were the tiniest and did the best (although my 4 week chicks from other places on now larger than my 6 week chicks from Cackle (not counting the bantams). I lost 2/28 from MPC-one which was promptly refunded and the rest are doing great, now integrated with the rest of the flock. I've found I have the best luck hatching my own when I want a specific breed. Less expensive, fun to watch and great birds so far. Still going to try Leanns adopt me bargain next season. Have been happy with MPC & I like surprises!

My Cackle update. Out of 37 birds I have 17 alive. Even though they all needed to be in sulfa antibiotics, it was strange. Specific breeds did better-4/6 Porcelain d' Uccles made it, 3/4 bantam phoenix are alive, 2/2 appenzeller spitzhauben. Worst luck was the polish, rare breed and crested top hats. I would have thought these would have been worse considering they were smaller but the D'Uccles were the tiniest and did the best (although my 4 week chicks from other places on now larger than my 6 week chicks from Cackle (not counting the bantams). I lost 2/28 from MPC-one which was promptly refunded and the rest are doing great, now integrated with the rest of the flock. I've found I have the best luck hatching my own when I want a specific breed. Less expensive, fun to watch and great birds so far. Still going to try Leanns adopt me bargain next season. Have been happy with MPC & I like surprises!

The only few i have left from cackle have wry tail....so useless to me. Every bird from there had a problem from stuntedness to inbred.

Back
Top Bottom