Learing how to raise muscovy fowls!

Hi I am a new person in this community, I just got those muscovy fowls to raise and I am asking what food is good for them, what tem they should be and if they should be outside or inside.
I gave mine unmedicated starter crumbles and gave them extra niacin for their legs. It was summer here and mine were three days old so I was able to keep them in my garage with no extra heat. If it is cold where you are depending on the age they will neat heat. If they are older you can give them Purina flock raiser or another brand of flock raiser but you do need the niacin for their legs. They have to have a clean water source that they can put their whole bill into as they need it to eat their food and have to be able to clean out their nostrils. Mine love only lettuce but some will eat other treats like meal worms, bits of tomatoes and watermelon. It is only for a treat though. I don't give mine much lettuce as it has no nutritional value to them. They love to eat bugs in the grass in the summer and can fly unless they have been clipped or pinioned. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom