Learning experience at work

JetBlack

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
Coeur d'Alene, ID
I walked by a gal, at work, who has amazing hair. As I walked by her, I reached out and pulled it a little. Like two fingers worth of hair. Later on, I was working by a machine and she threw a small plastic part at me, while I wasn't looking. We laughed.

About five minutes later, at break time, I had the revelation.

Dear Lord, I'm in elementary school again. I sent a text to a mutual co-worker that said "A little boy on the playground pulls a girls hair... what does that mean? Later, the little girl throws a pebble at the boy. What does that mean?"

I'm thinking of sending her a note "Do you like me? Check [ ] Yes [ ] No"

That would be funny to an American but she's Ukrainian so it probably doesn't translate. And it's wrong anyway. She's married and I've been dating the same girl for 7 1/2 years. This needs to stop.

Yep, if she is married then it truly needs to stop. Sometimes it sucks but that is just the way it is. I am glad you were able to tell yourself this instead of us having to tell you. Good luck with it. By the way, as a former employer I can tell you that pulling a womans hair on the job can turn into an ugly mess if she decides to take it there.

Mike

I do find it funny how the methods of flirting don't necessarily change much, no matter how old you get.

You're right, it needs to stop!! Flirting at work runs some serious risks! Not to mention your and her other relationships.

Yeah..flirting at work is a baaad idea. I've seen things go bad too many times for people.. and the man is usually the one that takes the fall... sad but true.
I also have to admit..if i ever found out that my BF of 7 1/2 years had been touching another womans hair in a flirting manner..i'd HAVE to break every single one of his fingers... very slowly...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yep and you can get fired for "sexual harassment". Hubby went thru that with Sears with a temp employee that had her nose bent on firing guys that don't give her the attention she wanted. Hubby ignored her flirts and so forth and got him fired. He was the not the only employee that was false accused of doing it, two of his friends, that worked there for twenty some years, even an older gentleman, got fired for the same reason. It was not long, less than a year, she was terminated because of a sexual misconduct toward a manager!
he.gif
Did Sears give those guys an apology of what this teenager lady did? Nope, not even a job back.
tongue.gif

You are all correct! I hate that I did this. It's like I am treating her like she's single. As though I am.

My ex-wife cheated on me and I can tell you, finding that out was the worst day of my life. Ten years after the divorce, I still feel awful. I would never want to do that to another person
sad.png

Thank you all for not jumping down my throat, even though I deserved it.

Being lighthearted and playing a little helped you realize what you value.
It's a good lesson to learn before the playing goes too far.

Now get back to work!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom