Learning to crow, sounds pitiful, how about yours?

chickenmeadow

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Southern Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
One of my 2 young Bantam Salmon Faverolles roosters (born July) is finally starting to crow. He's adorable & I was proud of him for trying! But, I have never heard a crow so pitifully lame before & couldn't stop laughing; hope I didn't hurt his feelings too much. It goes like this: Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, chip, chip, chip, chip.

Maybe you've heard worse?

My Br. roo sounded like a dog moaning at his first tries. LOL aren't they funny. I actually told my hb that the dog next door must be in pain before I found out it was the roo. Gloria Jean

well last week I heard my EE rooster crow for the first time, and then again this morning. It is a bit quiet and half hearted, but I love it. I called my kids out to hear it too. I need to record it on my phone so my Dad can hear it, hmm, maybe I'll make it my ringtone, wonder how ya do that?

I don't want to encourage him too much, as right now he starts at 6:30, and that is early enough, but I don't think anyone around could even hear him, unless they are standing next to the coop...

My next door neighbors chicken are now old enough for the roosters of the flock to make themselves known and they are silly sounding.
big_smile.png

My mature Jersey Giant, Gus will listen to their squeaky attempts and then give an example of ..no.. you gotta bring it up from below.. like this.. and lets loose with a very robust crow. The hens just cackle he's so macho.

Earlier this year, I had a grouchy black rooster about 4 mths old that made weird sounds at me every time I coughed (had a cold). So, I always tried not to cough when in the chicken yard, as he was always waiting to scold me for making so much noise.

You gotta love those roosters, they seem to be trying so hard to keep order in their yard.

Thanks for all of your comical replies, it's good to laugh.

When our roo, Walter, first started crowing he sounded like one of those party horns with the paper that unrolls when you blow it. LOL! He also only had a cock-a-doo for the first few weeks. I think he ran out of breath!

Our neighbor has a bantam roo that sounded so funny when it began to crow that we couldn't figure out what it was for a few days.

My young bantams always give me a serious case of the giggles when they start trying to crow. They flap their wings, pull their heads back, just ready for the biggest COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOOOO' of their lives.....only to have a squeek or some other such noise come out of them.
gig.gif
They get me everytime!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom