leaving during the hatching period for my quail eggs. what do i do!

fungi13

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2020
hi i have some quail eggs that i have been incubating for a while but i stupidly put them not realizing that days 19 and up i will be in arizona and there will be nobody home! ive already got somebody who can take cre of them wile i am gone but i dont know how i can move the eggs to their house without killing them on their last two days of incubation. will it be a problem to move them? please help!

hi i have some quail eggs that i have been incubating for a while but i stupidly put them not realizing that days 19 and up i will be in arizona and there will be nobody home! ive already got somebody who can take cre of them wile i am gone but i dont know how i can move the eggs to their house without killing them on their last two days of incubation. will it be a problem to move them? please help!
What kind of quail eggs are they?

yes, i know. but i will be gone for a week starting in the morning of day ninteen and they are supposed to be hatching until day 20 potentially.

not too far, its about a ten minute drive im just worried it will be a problem because its so far along in their incubation

Since it's such a short trip it should be ok. If it's really cold where you are the you could put some hand warmers in the incubator to hold the temp longer and just put something in there to keep them from rolling all around while you drive. Good luck on your hatch!

hey will it be a problem to move the eggs wile they are hatching or should i move them right before they go on lockdown, i would preffer to move them midway so i can see them hatching

Back
Top Bottom