leaving eggs in coop, how long is safe?

farmerOwl

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 16, 2011
San Jose Sharks territory
Hello all. I have a quick question.... I am going to be leaving town for 4 days and was wondering if any eggs laid while i am gone will still be safe to eat when i return. I am trying to get someone to come by and check for them but its not a given. I have 4 hens laying an average of 3 eggs a day. Is there any fore-seeable problems to leaving the eggs in the box? I occasionally get 2 in 1 box but not sure how they will react to having them pile up. Thank you all for your time and advice.

Last edited:
Great! Thank You very much hcppam!! I thought it would be safe, but just wanted to check with my fellow chicken owners. Guess i can start getting my stuff ready now....after i get someone out of the blueberry bushes again...

Yeah...just don't let anyone who is used to eating factory eggs hear you make the "crack" about leaving them on the counter!

I offered my GORGEOUS green eggs to someone the other day and she TURNED HER NOSE UP AT THEM and had the nerve to ask if mine had blood all streaked through them. I soad flatly...."Probably. But then again, SO DO YOU."

The lady next to her saw the professional packaging and the rainbow effect of the box when I pulled them out of the cooler. That first lady was instantly sorry. By the time she piped up, I said..."Oh sooooooorry, none for you."

Sorry...OT but that whole "store them in a bowl on the counter thing" would have been a GREAT story to pull out on that lady, FOR. SURE, just to freak her out old school.
lau.gif

I've heard Martha Stewart say eggs can safely be left out on the counter for 4 days, if she does that? I think you will be OK!!!

thanks again everyone! @Upcycled, thats some funny stuff! i would do the same thing....sorry, you didnt like the looks of them so, too bad, go get some store bought hormone laden "pretty" white eggs...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom