leaving eggs in egg cartons for hatching

Quote:
For us, I built a wedge out of extra hardware cloth that was about the same length as the carton. We would place the wedge under once side of the carton and then change it to the other side. We were getting probably 45º tilt on each side. We would change the tilt 3 times a day, morning, after school and right before bed time. With using the wedge, it took maybe 10-15 seconds from opening lid to closing lid.

Bil

The Seramas are due to come out of the turner on Monday. I already have the egg carton (cardboard) cut and ready. I made holes in the bottom this time as some one on here mentioned this would help with keeping the humidity steady in my crappy LG.

Here to hatching little tiny chickens !!

Been reading some more posts on hatching in cartons and think I misunderstood,Am I right to suppose you start the eggs off on their sides then place in cartons on day 18 ready to hatch in this position,"I should really be a blonde"lol

Quote:
yeahthat.gif
big_smile.png

From first day here as well.

Also, I don't know if it completely helped with the cleanup. I still had blood and egg in the bator. I still took everything out and thoroughly cleaned it.

Bil

Back
Top Bottom