Leesburg Florida Area Wanted Someone to...

Rufflemyfeathers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Astatula Florida
I am looking for lady to walk with me around Leesburg or Taveras Florida area..I am fairly new to this area and don't know people to much so I thought if there is an elderly sorta lady that is looking for another lady to walk with and be friends this might be a good place to start.. I need to loose some weight and just hate walking alone..

Drats i used to live in Eustis and my youngest was born in Tavares. Since i live a thousand miles away i can obviously not walk with you , but i know the area and you can ask me questions. Mt Dora has a nice fleamarket on the weekends. There is a lady and her husbad where you can buy poultry. I know they have chickens, ducks, turkeys...i have even seen them with Sebastopol geese before. On occasions they will also have goats or pot belly pigs. You should be able to find some over 40 folks in the Villages.Fl biggest 45+ community

Last edited:
Thanks for you input..it is something when you move to a new place and have to make new friends and haven't the clue..I am 60 and sure would love to make friends someone around my age though and walk and hang out over coffee..

My mother lives in Tavares, and walks a couple of miles a day (she is in her sixties), pm me your email and I will see if she is up to walking again (she had surgery recently).

You also should check out the monthly street party that Eustis has , it is always a lot of fun. Mt Dora has lots of nice places to go, i love their little downtown with its boutiques,restaurants, ice cream shop ......
Also dont miss out on the Dragon boat festival

My dad lives in Leesburg and works for the Villages newspaper. I think the Villages would be a great place to meet new people as well!

Back
Top Bottom