Left out chicken

MEP2013

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2015
We have 3 7 week old australorps and 3 8 week EE. I have noticed lately that they seem to be trying to establish a pecking order. They knock eachother out if the way or even a quick peck but nothing too drastic. Anyway, last night I noticed one of my australorps were hanging out inside the coop while the rest were outside in the run. Today when I let them out of the coop she came out but she sat in a corner facing away from the rest. I watched to see if she went over to the food when the other girls moved to the wate, but she didn't. I have been watching her all day on and off when I can and she is always away from the rest, either in the coop or in the corner.
Is this normal pecking order stuff or could she be sick?
Thank you in advance for any input.

That sounds more like a physical disorder than anything social. Try to notice as many symptoms as you can and then post them as clearlly as possible in the Emergencies, Injuries, Diseases and Cures forum. Things like appetite, face color, poop appearance and frequency, posture - those are all clues for the helpful folks over there! Good luck!

I put some grapes in to tempt her out of the coop. She came out are little and pooped and now she's just standing around. I am afraid she is sick
1f625.png

So now that I think she may be sick what could it be and what do I do to help her?

Oh whoops, I read over what you wrote and I missed the part about posting on the other forum. I just did now, thank you!

Not a problem at all! I know when I'm anxious about something I can look at a post 3 or 4 times and not see a word or phrase that would have jumped right out at me if I'd been calmer!

Back
Top Bottom