Leftover 7-layer dip?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by FinsUp, Oct 9, 2010.

1. FinsUp

FinsUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    lake oswego flats
    We are done with it - would it be fine for the girls? There may be a few onions - not many

2. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    I've fed it to mine before and they were happy with it. No adverse side effects. Leftover beans from the Mexican restaurant is one of their favorite treats.

3. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps

Go give it to them and watch and see...............my flock is my 'kitchen disposal'.
    The girls have crumbles in front of them all day long, the bugs/seeds/whatever they can catch/scratch up in their run during the day, whatever treats I bring out for them that day and then I let them out to free range for about an hour before dark, while the dogs are in the house!!!
    What I'm gettin' at is.......if your flock is well fed........whatever treats you bring out for them, they will decide what is good or NOT........chickens won't usually eat something that is BAD for them, UNLESS they are underfed and super hungry, they won't go for JUST ANYTHING that is put in front of them, if they are happy well fed girls.
    I've seen my girls catch and eat baby mice, snakes, crickets, grasshoppers, spiders.........all protein.........makes those eggs taste better.
    I've always looked at it like........if I ate it, and didn't die, then my animals can have the left overs. Small amounts of 'people food' treats can be good for you flock. [​IMG]

4. FinsUp

FinsUp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    lake oswego flats
    Just like the movie - "Gone in 60 seconds"!! Guess they liked it

5. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Every see a spicy chick? now you will![​IMG]

6. shesaredroan

shesaredroan Chillin' With My Peeps