Leftover Chickfeed Recipe

chic-a-deee

Songster
8 Years
Sep 27, 2011
Gold Coast QLD Australia
Hi Everyone!!!

Now that my babies are 6week old pullets....I have nearly a full sack of chickstarter to get rid of.

I thought of an idea that I sort of got from BYC forum. Some ppl mentioned when their feed is
down to the crumbs they mix it with water & their chickens loved it... soooooo
I thought to mix the feed with water, 2 eggs (in a large mixing bowl), some seed feed (a scoop full)
some chook vitamins (a handful) my vitamins are powdered, a bit of grit..about a cup full,
and a scoop of wheat.

I mixed it all up to a half dry half wet consistancy so that when u squeeze it in ur fist, it stays together.
I put them in the oven for 10mins on 200deg C. They come out hard-ish. I thought these healthy treats
would also keep them occupied in their coop, you could even tie them to the roof of the coop for them to
peck at, at various heights. I thought it would be good for them. Also in summer, you could give them
frozen cubed veges to cool them down.
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif

Here's a pic of our chook cookies....

107787_chickfeed_013.jpg

sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
OK Ok I know it looks like dog poop, but the chickens may like it??? Ahem....mine havent gone near it yet...
hu.gif
idunno.gif

Last edited:
lol.png
Glad I didnt have to say it! Seriously, though, if nothing else, I'd try crumbling them up & putting them in with the feed if they havent tried them yet.

I'd just keep feeding the chick feed until it was gone. I have mixed ages and feed grower (18%) with free choice oyster shell.

Those chook cookies remind me of Mr. Hankey and his son Cornwallis...lol

Back
Top Bottom