Leftover white rice

krjwaj

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Apex, NC
We had some leftover white rice last night so I gave some to the girls...They LOVED it. It was sticking to my hands a little so I got pecked at. It was only about 1/4 cup for 5 girls.

Since its cheap and easy, is it OK a few times a week? It is on the treat chart. tia
Also, is brown Ok as well?

Glad to see your question. I have given my girls leftover brown rice and can't get out of the way fast enough! think the brown would be an excellent choice, it is for us. I was wondering too how much is to much in case I cook it just for them.
Gram

They'll be fine. I feed mine twice a week on supper leftovers. Wild rice, brown rice and white rice, all good for them. Be careful on prepared rice like Ben's, or boxed rice with seasonings. Use them sparely. Its got alot of sodium and add more veggies in them to even it out.

I cook oatmeal and rice for my girls when the weather cools off. As long as they get enough of their feed, which has protein etc... a little rice is a great treat. I also mix yogurt and cottage cheese in mine from time to time. But watch out! They will attack it, so stand back and enjoy the show!

Back
Top Bottom