Leftovers!

What do you do with leftovers???

• Total voters
Thanks. I wanted to make her as happy as possible whilst she was broody so she wouldn't give up! Pippin is an italian chicken at heart!
I'm glad I did feed her her favourite foods, since now she'll have to eat chick food for a few weeks. She's so happy with the new babies
Ha! My girls think chick food is a treat!

I always think I will eat the leftovers for lunch, but that never happens, as I often skip lunch.

I am the only one in the house who will eat them, so they usually end up in the garbage. :hit
Instead of the garbage you could put them in a compost pile or something like that IDK just an idea. :idunno

Last edited:
Depends on what it is.

Most often its forgotten in the fridge.

Unless its really good stuff. Leftover pizza always gets devored, so does dessert, and thanksgiving/holiday leftovers.

but like leftover pasta or whatever is forgotten

Honestly, the first 3. (But I could only select two)

If they’re good leftovers, I eat them

If they’re not my favorite, I find it a few weeks later when I’m cleaning out the fridge. :sick

If the chickens can eat it, I give it to them, though I usually don’t think to give them food like soup or meat. But salad is good for them.

My chickens especially like italian food like pizza and pasta. They also like to have leftover Mc Donald's! They aren't picky though, they'll eat anything!View attachment 2719916
"I may be stuck on this nest, but my meals will travel the world!"- Pippin (before she had to start eating chick crumb!)
Oh my. Please please spend a few days reading through the emergency section of this site and you will see what happens when people feed too many treats.

You are not doing your bird any favors by feeding her what in this dish.

Treats take away from a balanced diet.
Age appropriate commercially made feed is formulated as a BALANCED complete diet for the birds.

Treats no matter what kind should never be more than 10% of a bird's daily diet.
10% is such a tiny amount... Think one spoonful size. What you have in that dish in front of this bird is enough to feed 20 birds a treat for one day.

Honestly, the first 3. (But I could only select two)

If they’re good leftovers, I eat them

If they’re not my favorite, I find it a few weeks later when I’m cleaning out the fridge. :sick

If the chickens can eat it, I give it to them, though I usually don’t think to give them food like soup or meat. But salad is good for them.
PSsttt...meat would better than salad.

Back
Top Bottom