Leg/foot injury

Did not realize had sores to drain triple antibiotic no painkiller in can buy it that way at a dollar store
The two bubbles of fluid showed up on day three. I left them alone the first day. The second day I decided that the fluid was bound to be a source of increased pain. The drain was created by using an insulin syringe. Once they drained I put her in a warm epsom salt bath then dressed her foot. There was an immediate improvement. This morning she was up and eating. She only applies a tiny amount of pressure to the injured foot but she seems to be headed in the right direction. Time will tell. Thanks for your support and encouragement! 🥰

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I assumed from your first post on Friday that the injury had just happened, I didn't realize it had been a whole week (7days).

Are the photos current or when she did it a week ago?
I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I assumed from your first post on Friday that the injury had just happened, I didn't realize it had been a whole week (7days).

Are the photos current or when she did it a week ago?
My wording must have been unclear. Flossie’s misfortune happened on 9/25/20. I am thankful that through a little TLC she is making progress. Hopefully she will be back in the swing of things before long. Thanks! 🥰

My 18 week old pullet managed to get her leg hung in the arm of a garden chair. She was hanging upside down when I got home. I was gone for about an hour and a half. When I freed her she could barely walk on the leg that was hung. It does not feel like any bone was broken. She is isolated with food and water. Epsom soak? Leave her alone to heal? Work her leg and foot as therapy? Suggestions please.

On August 11th one of my white leghorns got her leg caught in a wire dog cage.. She was down for about a week and a half. I was feeding her in a nest box and keeping the other birds away. She couldn't stand to use a feeder. She would just plop down and eat that way. But for a time she wouldn't eat or drink. She was in pain. Some of the other birds were pecking and chasing. So I started taking her out into a smaller coop I had and locking her in there so the others would let her eat. I used a lot of meal worms to entice her. At about 3 weeks she was back with the flock and now shows no signs of injury. Please be patient with your girl. She will get better. I let mine get on the roost when she was strong enough. Except for eating and drinking I let her run the show.

ETA. I did give her one baby aspirin morning and evening. I think that helped.

I know made me think also but know I came on it Friday after she first posted.. She did give me pause to think when she said made the week comment also

Back
Top Bottom