Leg/foot injury

I hope you see improvement in a week as well.
It takes time for deep bruising and injury to heal.
I did “surgery” on Flossie’s foot yesterday. I drained the two fairly large bubbles of fluid on her foot, let her soak in a warm Epsom salt bath, applied the chicken blue salve that has borax then applied a gentle dressing. This morning she was standing gently touching her toes in the ground! HUGE improvement!!!!!! I will have her soak in an Epsom salt bath and apply a clean bandage today. Tomorrow I will probably remove the bandage and let her continue he to heal while being in the “hospital”.
Thank you again for the encouragement! Chickens are such a joy. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Attachments

• D1C8E8B7-9E30-483C-908B-AEAB58480FDF.jpeg
    D1C8E8B7-9E30-483C-908B-AEAB58480FDF.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 0
Hey there looks pretty sore old addage what can happen will do not blame yourself ... May try splint but my thought would be go with soothing motions to get blood to all of the leg ..
If you think to splint a popcycle stick make strips of vet wrap can buy at all feed stores but do not get it real tight for now let her do as you have been

Hey there looks pretty sore old addage what can happen will do not blame yourself ... May try splint but my thought would be go with soothing motions to get blood to all of the leg ..
If you think to splint a popcycle stick make strips of vet wrap can buy at all feed stores but do not get it real tight for now let her do as you have been
Thanks! I think I will go with lifting her up a few times a day and moving her leg to help work the bruising out and keep the range of motion. The more I think of the Epsom soak the less I think it would help. Warm water would open blood vessels (that’s in my head) which would be counter productive. I appreciate you taking time to give me feedback. 😉🥰✅

I think your on the right track there understand may come time she will loose it
or her that choice is a time from now but can be worst case ..
Sorry had to say both

have you thought maybe a step up to roost she she does not have to fly but can step
Thanks for the recommendation. She seems to have settled in a nice fluffy corner of clean flakes. I hope she can get out and forage by tomorrow morning. She did stand up and get water just a few minutes ago. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom