Leg/foot injury

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I assumed from your first post on Friday that the injury had just happened, I didn't realize it had been a whole week (7days).

Are the photos current or when she did it a week ago?
You are correct with your initial interpretation. The post was done right after Flossie’s injury. I was trying to convey that I think there should be some improvement after a week. Hopefully with some tender loving care she will make a full recovery. I’m willing to be patient with her recovery. 🥰🥰🥰

You are correct with your initial interpretation. The post was done right after Flossie’s injury. I was trying to convey that I think there should be some improvement after a week. Hopefully with some tender loving care she will make a full recovery. I’m willing to be patient with her recovery. 🥰🥰🥰
The more understandable way to have written that sentence would be to have said that I hope there will be visible improvement after a week. Sometimes I think folks are clairvoyant and know what is in my head. LOL! 😬

I hope you see improvement in a week as well.
It takes time for deep bruising and injury to heal.
I did “surgery” on Flossie’s foot yesterday. I drained the two fairly large bubbles of fluid on her foot, let her soak in a warm Epsom salt bath, applied the chicken blue salve that has borax then applied a gentle dressing. This morning she was standing gently touching her toes in the ground! HUGE improvement!!!!!! I will have her soak in an Epsom salt bath and apply a clean bandage today. Tomorrow I will probably remove the bandage and let her continue he to heal while being in the “hospital”.
Thank you again for the encouragement! Chickens are such a joy. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Attachments

• D1C8E8B7-9E30-483C-908B-AEAB58480FDF.jpeg
    D1C8E8B7-9E30-483C-908B-AEAB58480FDF.jpeg
    601.3 KB · Views: 0
Did not realize had sores to drain triple antibiotic no painkiller in can buy it that way at a dollar store
The two bubbles of fluid showed up on day three. I left them alone the first day. The second day I decided that the fluid was bound to be a source of increased pain. The drain was created by using an insulin syringe. Once they drained I put her in a warm epsom salt bath then dressed her foot. There was an immediate improvement. This morning she was up and eating. She only applies a tiny amount of pressure to the injured foot but she seems to be headed in the right direction. Time will tell. Thanks for your support and encouragement! 🥰

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I assumed from your first post on Friday that the injury had just happened, I didn't realize it had been a whole week (7days).

My wording must have been unclear. Flossie’s misfortune happened on 9/25/20. I am thankful that through a little TLC she is making progress. Hopefully she will be back in the swing of things before long. Thanks! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom