Leg help

By 'buzzing' do you mean that the leg vibrates without the chicken wanting it to? Mine meets all of your descriptions. I hope both our birds get better!

Yes, it is fine until I touch it. Like it doesn't vibrate uncontrollably, but when she is sitting in my lap or my hands, it's not doing anything, but when I put her leg in my hand, it's like it vibrates,or'buzzes' kinda like when you pick up a very young chick, like a couple days old,and they are cold, or eited/scared and they seem to vibrate or buzz their whole body. After you hold them a few times they stop. I can feel that same feeling when I grasp her leg in between my thumb and fingers...and instead of her body vibrating her leg is. If I hold her up, her leg will shake. Like it's uncontrolled nerve impulses or something. So crazy how delicate, and tough chickens can be at the same time. She seems to be doing well in the chair. I check on her everytime I pass the room, and a few times she's eating, or sleeping. I move her around so she doesn't get uncomfortable, she moves her legs, but like I said before, just from the hip, so her legs aren't paralyzed like dead legs, they just don't work from the joint down. It's like she tries walking, my moving her legs from the hip socket, and the move, but the from the joint down,they are stuck....but I can bend them manually, and it doesn't appear to cause any pain. So weird. I will update too, especially after I can see when the vet can come out

@guinealeghorn OMG! after all that I just said, I went to go check on her again, and I was going to remake her chair out of foam, so it's as comfortable as could be. Well, I took her out for some "physical therapy" and she MOVED HER TOES! now, maybe that doesn't seem so exciting, but she hasn't moved them since it happened, AND she bent her bum knee! She was doing what a normal chick would do when held in the air, and she was trying to walk, her legs were paddling, swiveling at the hip joint as they have been, and the bum leg....well, she lifted that leg, and it actually bent! And on her other leg, that CAN bend but not all the way, she was moving her toes to grab hold of something! I wonder if dosing her with a concentrated amount of the vitamins helped some.....as opposed to just her getting the vitamins whenever she drank Itty bitty sips, as I said, she isn't drinking much. Not that doesn't want to drink, she just isn't drinking much water, I mean, she's confined to a chair,and is doing nothing every second of the day. But, that's crazy! It might be nothing but I can't believe her toes were reaching and flexing and her hurt leg actually bent when she picked it up, before, it would just dangle....it's been unreactive. So to see some reaction, I get all excited. Lol by the way, you bird has a problem walking? Like the leg has an issue, because of the deficiency, but can still walk on the one leg, but not the other? Right?

I am so glad that she showed some improvement! Mine can use both legs, they are just spaced out, the messed up one in front, the good leg in back. He can still walk, he just side-steps.

Back
Top Bottom