Leg injury/Sciatic damage or Marek’s?? Need Advice Please

I do use the hairdryer but she still shivers because she’s uncovered. She often gets cold anyway—even when she’s not wet—and likes to be bundled. The last time we bathed her we went right out to the beach and let her sit in the sun and we might do a combination of the hairdryer and the beach today. She’s doing really well this morning—although I’m scared to even say that. She’s wanting to put both feet down now and attempting to stand and balance. I tend to be a worry-wart so there’s always a cloud over me but it does cheer me to see her making some progress and doing so with such happiness and contentment.
And, yes, I know I’m crazy… 9BE5AF1B-4AC7-412D-B368-1E9188A0D4FB.jpeg F81DD7A3-EF64-4ADE-8238-A22D22ED7930.jpeg F0254A39-1E71-4591-8DBE-4BA05932D08A.jpeg D3D88A2C-AFF8-457B-8759-95D63418F20F.jpeg

What a cute little thing. So is the child.

Try a little sugar water to give her a glucose boost. Things like boiled rice with keifer can also be an energy booster to bridge the gap from poor appetite to interest in eating.

What a cute little thing. So is the child.

Try a little sugar water to give her a glucose boost. Things like boiled rice with keifer can also be an energy booster to bridge the gap from poor appetite to interest in eating.
Oh good…thank you!! I’m getting ready to go to the store now so I’ll get some keifer and rice. Should I get plain keifer or flavored?

Ruby’s appetite is pretty good. I think she got tired of the egg so I've switched her to boiled rice with keifer and add enough chick crumbles to get the consistency she likes.
She has been stretching her neck and opening her mouth some and I figured it had something to do with adjusting her crop. But yesterday and today she’s been doing it much more frequently and today she started shaking her head occasionally also. I have looked in her mouth and didn’t see anything abnormal. I put a little ear cleanser in her ears and wiped them out, although I really didn’t see anything in them. I also cleaned her nostrils and put a little Vet Rx on her. I haven’t seen any discharge from her nose or eyes. Do you have any thoughts or advice?
I took a video of what I’ve been seeing…

Interesting side note…
When I got Ruby up this morning she wasn’t doing the neck stretching/open mouth/head shaking business. It really didn’t start today until after she ate—and even then it’s not as often as last night.

Back
Top Bottom