Leg issue or egg blocked?

Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. Was you pullet vaccinated for Mareks disease? Mareks can cause lameness in one or both legs, and symptoms may be seen at this age. LSometimes you may see toes curled under. That can also be a sign of riboflavin (vitamin B 2) deficiency. It would be good to give her 1/4 tablet daily of B complex tablets (human) or give a chicken vitamin that has riboflavin listed on the label.

I would also insert a clean finger into her vent to feel for another egg or any egg parts. Give her a human calcium tablet for several days. Make sure that she can reach food and water. Chicken sling chairs may be helpful for that.

I
Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. Was you pullet vaccinated for Mareks disease? Mareks can cause lameness in one or both legs, and symptoms may be seen at this age. LSometimes you may see toes curled under. That can also be a sign of riboflavin (vitamin B 2) deficiency. It would be good to give her 1/4 tablet daily of B complex tablets (human) or give a chicken vitamin that has riboflavin listed on the label.

I would also insert a clean finger into her vent to feel for another egg or any egg parts. Give her a human calcium tablet for several days. Make sure that she can reach food and water. Chicken sling chairs may be helpful for that.
Don't know about vaccines, I got them at the feed store, but the sisters seems ok. I don't feel an egg, so will try the riboflavin next or the calcium tablet.

Thank you so much for the info!

Update on chicky. She started putting weight on her leg, doesn't run much, goes slow but she's much happier now. Still can't get up high at night, some times standing on one foot. No eggs during this time, hopefully she will again soon

Thank ls for all the tips abd help!

Back
Top Bottom