leg limp

newchooky111

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2017
i had two chooks one of them developed a limp this got serious as she was dragging her leg and coud no longer walk so i had to put her down, now its been two days since i did that and i brought three more chooks to keep her company as they dont do well on there own ans she has now also developed a limp, silly question but what can cause this? i have inspected her leg and can find nothing wrong they are isa browns,any suggestion welcomed as i do not want to have to put her down

i had two chooks one of them developed a limp this got serious as she was dragging her leg and coud no longer walk so i had to put her down, now its been two days since i did that and i brought three more chooks to keep her company as they dont do well on there own ans she has now also developed a limp, silly question but what can cause this? i have inspected her leg and can find nothing wrong they are isa browns,any suggestion welcomed as i do not want to have to put her down
Where they vaccinated for Marek's disease?
How old was the one that you euthanized and the one now experiencing the same symptoms?

Where they vaccinated for Marek's disease?
How old was the one that you euthanized and the one now experiencing the same symptoms?
not sure about marecks i was told they had had all there shots, i got both at the same time around two years ago, these are hyline chooks

both the same age around 2 to two and a half years old, i cant see anything wrong with the second one either, as she was my only one i went and bought a couple more for company ,she was fine when i got back but when i was extending the run she also started to limp, its morning now and still dark so i will check on her in a cpl hours when its light, but having read that this may just be a strain or something not serious i will leaver her awhile before i make any drastic decision

Back
Top Bottom